Saturday 15th July
- Formula 1: Lewis Hamilton takes pole at the British Grand prix half a second ahead of the two Ferraris of Kimi Raikkonen and Sebastian Vettel.
- Rugby Union: Tonga qualify for the Rugby World Cup and join England’s ‘Pool of Death’ in Pool C
- German Football: Mario Götze returns to the football field for Borussia Dortmund in their 3-2 win over Urawa Red Diamonds
- German Football: Bayern Munich pick up their first trophy of the season after a 2-0 win over Werder Bremen in the Telekom Cup
- Tennis: Garbine Muguruza beats Venus Williams 7-5 6-0 in the Women’s Singles Final at Wimbledon to win her first title.
Sunday 16th July
- Formula 1: Lewis Hamilton wins the British Grand Prix ahead of team mate Valtteri Bottas and the Ferrari of Kimi Raikkonen and closes the gap in the championship standings to Sebastian Vettel to just one point.
- Rugby Union: All Black’s full back Ben Smith announces plans to take a sabbatical
- Women’s Football: The UEFA Women’s Euro kicks off in the Netherlands with the hosts winning 1-0 over Norway and Denmark winning by the same margin over Belgium.
- Tennis: Roger Federer beats Marin Cilic 6-3 6-1 6-4 to win his 19th Grand Slam title.
Monday 17th July
- Formula 1: The stars of Formula 1 and Motorsport pay their respects to late driver Jules Bianchi on the anniversary of his death two years on.
- German Football: Bayern Munich land in China ahead of their pre-season friendlies already hot favourites to take a sixth Bundesliga title in a row.
- English Football: Former England keeper Paul Robinson retires from football at the age of 37.
- Women’s Football: The Women’s Euro continues with Group B getting underway, Russia wins 1-2 over Italy and Germany start their campaign off with a 0-0 draw against Sweden.
- Cricket: Joe Root suffers first defeat as Test captain giving South Africa a 340 run win on day four of the second test
Tuesday 18th July
- Rugby Union: Pro12 agree deal to expand next season to include South African sides: Cheetahs and Southern Kings.
- German Football: Borussia Dortmund take a comfortable 3-1 win over AC Milan in China.
- Women’s Football: Group C kicks off with both Austria and France taking 1-0 wins over Switzerland and Iceland respectfully.
- Women’s Cricket: England reach World Cup final after beating South Africa by two wickets.
Wednesday 19th July
- Rugby Union: England Captain, Dylan Hartley, signs new Northampton Saints Deal and has been reappointed as captain.
- Rugby Union: Ex-Ireland Scrum-half Peter Stringer has been signed by Worcester Warriors at the age of 39 on a six-month deal.
- Formula 1: The FIA confirms that the controversial ‘Halo’ system will be introduced for the 2018 season.
- German Football: Manuel Neuer replaces Philipp Lahm as captain of Bayern Munich after the latter retired at the end of last season. Neuer is still recovering from a fractured foot and hasn’t played since the Champions League Quarter Finals earlier in the year.
- German Football: Bayern Munich were beaten on penalties by Arsenal, the match ended 1-1 with Arsenal winning 3-2 on penalties.
- Women’s Football: Group D gets underway with Spain winning 2-0 over Portugal and England winning 6-0 over Scotland.
Thursday 20th July
- Rugby Union: Tim Streather is forced to retire from Rugby due to a knee injury.
- German Football: Bayern Munich have been forced to send Thiago home due to injury.
- Women’s Football: Norway suffered a 2-0 loss to Belgium while Netherlands won 1-0 over Denmark.
Friday 21st July
- Formula 1: Haas says it will retain Grosjean in 2018 and stick with the same line-up
- Rugby Union: Wales announce their team to travel to Ireland for the Women’s Rugby World Cup in August.
- Women’s Football: Sweden play Russia and Germany play Italy in Group B later on tonight.
-Notes About Sport